Email Setup Tutorials:
Using Outlook or Outlook Express with AOL
Please note that while we've used the screen shots from Outlook Express, the instructions are the same for Outlook.
These instructions will NOT work if you are trying to use Outlook or Outlook Express to manage your AOL email. If you are not one of our clients, please do not contact us regarding these instructions. Please contact your internet service provider.
- Connect to AOL and minimize.
- Open Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express.
- Click Tools > Accounts. The "Internet Accounts" window will open.
- Select Add > Mail.
- In the Display Name: field type whatever name you want the people who receive your email to
see and click Next.
- Make sure "I already have an e-mail address that I'd like to use." is checked and
type in that field your new email address (email@example.com) and click Next.
- Make sure the "My incoming mail server is a" field says POP3. In the "Incoming
mail" field type your new POP server which we would have given you once your domain and email
accounts are set up. In the "Outgoing mail" type in the mail server information we gave
you. Ask us if you're not sure what either of these are. Click Next.
- Type in your username in the "Account Name:" field. We would have also given this
to you already along with the POP server information. In the "Password:" field type
the password we gave you. Make sure that "Remember Password" is checked unless you
want to type your password in every time you check your mail. This is up to you and is a good
idea if multiple users are using the same machine.
- Click Next, then Finish. You will be returned to the "Internet Accounts" window and your new account will be highlighted. Click Properties.
- Change "Mail Account" to be anything you want or leave it as is. In the
"Reply Address" field type your new email address. Click OK and then Close.
At this point you should be able to do a send and receive to test the set up. If you receive an error message, check all your settings as explained above. If you are still having problems either sending or receiving email, please let us know and we will be more than happy to help you.
Back to Top ~ Last updated: Thursday, Mar. 29, 2012